IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR HUNTERS
Before leaving home, please ensure you have copies of the following:
Airline Return Ticket,
Passport (photo page),
US Customs Form 4457,
Invitation Letter from Hunting Outfitter.
Although you must still present the original documents to the SAPS, it will speed up the process when handing your copies in, together with your SAPS 520. This process will just save some valuable time, because the SAPS anyway needs to make copies of these documents.
We regret to inform you that Airports Company South Africa stopped all Meet and Assists Services with the immediate effect (Aug. 8).
We can only meet passengers in the Arrivals Hall.
Please follow these instructions:
PROCEDURE FOR HUNTERS ARRIVING AT O.R. TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (JOHANNESBURG) WITH FIREARMS:
Temporary Firearm Import / Export and In-transit permits are issued by the SAPS (South African Police Services) upon arrival at O.R.Tambo International Airport.
The SAPS Permit Office is located in the International Arrivals Terminal on the landside, between the Banks and the Post Office, between Terminals A1 and A2.
1. On arrival at O.R. Tambo International Airport, on an International flight, passengers proceed to Immigration.
2. Once you have cleared Immigration you go to the Baggage Claim Area to pick up your luggage. You must also sign for your firearms here before you leave the baggage claim area.
YOU WILL NOT COLLECT YOUR GUN CASE / FIREARMS HERE, AS THE SECURITY COMPANY (SECURICOR) WILL TAKE IT TO THE SAPS. HOWEVER YOU MUST SIGN FOR YOUR GUN CASE / BOW CASE HERE WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN TERMINAL A2. (SAA FLIGHTS)
3. Proceed to clear Customs.
Exit Customs through the Red Channel into the General Meeting Area and go straight to the SAPS import and export firearms office.
If you arrive on a SAA flight from Washington, New York, etc. it will be on your right hand side as you will be coming out of Terminal A2.
If you arrive on Delta, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Air France or Lufthansa it will be on your left hand side, as you will be coming out of Terminal A1.
4. When you enter the SAPS Office, please ensure that you have all the needed documents ready.
Securicor will deliver firearms through the back entrance of the SAPS office.
5. Hunters with PRE-ISSUED permits must tell the SAPS officers that they have Pre-Issued Import / Export or In-Transit permit. There is a fast line for them.
6. Aftonio Guest House representatives will be waiting for their guests and clients just outside Customs. We will direct them to the New SAPS import and export firearms office and assist them for here.
7. Gracy Travel International also have a representative waiting outside Customs or at the SAPS Firearm Import / Export office to assist their clients.
If you need any assistance at any time please do not hesitate to contact me.
For pre-arrange firearms permits please use visit our special website on www.vipgunpermits.com
Have a safe journey
The Afton Team